Marketing and Social Media Officer - Open Position
Position: Marketing and Social Media Officer (Internship)
Start date: August 2018 Closing date: 3 rd August 2018 at 5pm
Remuneration: Unpaid role; modest travel expenses will be reimbursed
Time period: min. 3 months / 20hrs per week approx
(negotiable and may require weekend work around events)
Location: PMIA Head Office in Dublin 1 with the possibility of occasional travel
Who Are We? Proudly Made in Africa (PMIA) is a small Dublin-based, trade-focussed NGO. We work to source ethically produced, high quality, ready-to-retail African food and fashion products and bring them to the European market through support programmes for African companies including: brand development support; marketing advice; and creating links between producers and buyers. We operate under the philosophy of "trade not aid", supporting communities across Africa to trade their way out of poverty. We are a young and dynamic team - we offer a fun and fulfilling work environment as well as occasional team lunches and coffee and coffee tastings!
Who You Are: You have a passion for good food and sustainable fashion with a good eye for product and loads of creative flair. You’re looking to build your experience in responsible business/CSR-focussed marketing work. You are professional and punctual Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for all online content of the organisation, writing creative reports on the work of PMIA and conducting market research on the various products we work with. You will plan and deliver a calendar of social media campaigns and digital marketing activations, maintain our online presence and contribute to offline PR and marketing activities (with regular supervision and guidance from senior management).
Daily tasks will include:
- Market research and report writing
- Writing and publishing bi-monthly e-newsletters
- Preparing visual presentations
- Social media management
- Photography and/or Cinematography
- Event management support (pop-up shops, trade show prep, gallery exhibitions, etc.)
- Editing and creating website content
- Maintaining brand consistency across all communications and content
- Any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the position
As a small organisation, we rely on the commitment of our dedicated team of interns to enable us to deliver the PMIA work programme - this means that interns are provided with a highly supportive environment in which to gain professional experience and are given valuable opportunities to contribute according to their skill-set. Therefore, PMIA internship roles will be adapted to reflect the needs and strengths of individual and the team as a whole.
- Third-level qualification in Communications, New Media, PR, Marketing or a related field
- Interest in responsible consumerism or social justice issues
- Comfortable using various social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Creativity and the ability to show initiative
- Demonstrable previous experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator or Photoshop (desirable)
- Experience with SEO (Google Adwords etc.) ((desirable)
To apply: Please send your 2-page CV and 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 3rd August.