Value Added in Africa is an Irish and UK based not‐for‐profit organisation founded in 2008.
Our mission is to build sustainable channels to market for African retail‐ready products.
We act as a trade facilitator linking Sub‐Saharan African SME’s and European retailers.
Our core activities consist in supporting African producers to augment their exportability and promote their products in target markets. We also provide sourcing and logistics support services to UK and Irish traders.
Our Key Product Categories are Tea, Coffee, Cocoa and Cotton/Garments.
- African field and factory visits
- Market Intelligence Services
- Logistics Support
- Packaging Design Programme
- Networking Facilitation
- Building relations with retailers
- Public awareness raising: Education materials, research, lectures
- Marketing communication: Website/Case Studies/Newsletter
OUR CRITERIA FOR SOURCING PRODUCTS
Research high quality products with commercial viability and social benefits:
• Market‐Ready Products
• Commercial Viability
• Social Responsibility/Benefit
• Corporate Capacity for International Trade
• Ability to scale‐up
We administer the logo Proudly Made in Africa (®) that guarantees a quality and ethical product made in Africa.